The information contained in this website is provided as a convenience to the public. The State Historical Society of North Dakota provides this service as is, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information provided through or in connection with this service.
This website may contain links that should be considered as referrals only and should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. The State Historical Society of North Dakota makes every effort to provide links free of viruses and malware, but cannot guarantee the security of other sources.
To encourage discussion and learning, our policy is to allow comments unless they violate the guidelines below. The State Historical Society of North Dakota does not endorse comments posted on our social media accounts, and such comments do not reflect the official position(s) of the State Historical Society of North Dakota, its officers or employees or the State of North Dakota. The State Historical Society of North Dakota reserves the right to delete unacceptable comments. The following are examples of unacceptable comments and will be deleted.
- That are unrelated to the subject matter of the particular article being commented upon
- That campaign for or against the nomination or election of a candidate or the qualification, passage, or defeat of a ballot question
- That may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Whose main purpose is to sell a product or solicit commerce
- That infringe on copyrights
- That contain profanity or obscenity
- That contain sexual content, links to sexual content, or nudity in a profile picture
- That are defaming
- That are spam
- That promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- That constitute or encourage illegal activity
- Other comments that the State Historical Society of North Dakota communication team deems inappropriate
We moderate comments as best possible; however, there may be instances in which we do not see and remove inappropriate comments. If you notice a comment that you believe we may have missed, please contact us.