Handheld photography and video for personal use are permitted in the permanent museum galleries and public spaces, as long as it doesn’t interfere with other visitor’s spaces. Some special temporary exhibits may be not be photographed. Photography for commercial use must be pre-approved with the Visitor Services office.
For more information, view our Photography Guidelines (pdf).
Please help us preserve and protect the state’s artifacts and specimens.
- Refrain from climbing on display areas and from touching artifacts and specimens. Oils from fingers may damage fabric and surfaces.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the museum galleries.
- Tobacco products are not permitted anywhere in the building.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please limit the use of cellular phones in the galleries as a courtesy to our visitors.
- Please observe our photography guidelines.